Gosport's buses and trams An online exhibition created by The Provincial Society, with support from Hampshire County Council Arts and Museums Service  
     
 

 
 
   Home         Timeline  
 
 
 
Gosport and Fareham Tramways depot and power station  
 

 

Gosport & Fareham Tramways depot at Hoeford (on the outskirts of Fareham) opened in 1904; a year before the first electric tram ran in Gosport. This image taken in 1907 from the Gosport Road shows two early electric trams at the entrance to the tram sheds. The chimney of the tramway power station can be seen to the right of this photograph

 
  The Provincial Society
 

 

Links

The Provincial Society (main website)

Provincial enthusiasts website

Contact

For more information please contact

The Provincial Society:

www.provincialsociety.org

 

(C) Copyright The Provincial Society

Registered Charity No. 1104834